Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Naomba mkubwa wangu anilipe double!

I have finally earned my salary. I have done actual work in the last three weeks. I have toured this my adopted country and it was sooo not easy. Am tired beyond words. But I have soo missed blogging. But I met and loved many people along the way.

Hating Kenyans.
hating you guys seems to be a pass time of many people. We were seated at a bar one day, and this two Ugandans at our table started hating on kenyans. One guy had this tirade about how he was robbed in kenya with a panga, and how everyone in Kenya is a thief. Another had a story about how the cops made him pay 100 shillings, "na shillingi mia moja iko pesa mingi sana". The guy really talked badly about Kenya paka I told him to shut up couz I had a PANGA! LOL

Killing Swahili
You know how they sema ati, Swahili was born in Tanzania, brought up in Kenya, died in Uganda, buried in congo? they should add exhumed and cremated in Sudan. Those sudanese who live around the border of Uganda and congo speak/mutilate many languages. Ati" mimi nasema na wewe na hutaki kusema na mimi?"

Not so christian love
We had to sleep in another church ran place to conduct some community meetings, the manager was the most evil (and not just among christians, but among all human beings). One of my collegues and I are not saved, so the moment she realised that she stopped saying even Good morning to us. Anything she wanted to say to us, she did it through our other collegue who is saved. It got to the point where we were all in agreement about the fact that there are some xtians who believe that their relationship with God is parallel to their relationship with other human beings. How can you be soo evil to other people and think you have the ticket to heaven.

In my absence:
So what has been happening in my absence? Who has fallen in love, Got a new Job, moved country?
to all the new bloggers welcome. To the oldies: Updates please

My update:
Apparently Karma also does some good things to good people (ehhm) Am soooooo in love. Can you see me smiling? Am practically on cloud 9. and yes I will come back down soon enough so let me enjoy this moments. Am operating on the assumption that since am basically a good person and he is also a good person (he chose me so he must be good), then we can expect the best from each other.

But for now I don't even want to think beyond (funga macho kama bado huja fika umri wa kujitafutia kitambulisho) my bed- aiiii, the brother anaweza kweli. Whichever school he went to, can it open branches all over the world. Every sister needs a brother like this one. We are apart right now and it sucks. I feel soo lonely (like a part of me has been cut off)

Okay I will think of more travel stories as the days go by. And Iam refusing to do any actual work for the next three days. I was soo far in the bush I didn't even know Gerard Levert died!! Atleast I also did not hear Raila being tiresome.

Enjoy


9 comments:

Kabinti said...

lol at "..Whichever school he went to, can it open branches all over the world..." welcome back and i hope you get a much deserved rest...

Anonymous said...

That UG dude is a hater for nuthin, people get robbed and have to bribe in UG too so I dont know what he is talking about.
Swahili has many mutations I tell you!
When church folk decide to be hateful and sleazy they take the cake. I have met many and I am not impressed at all! I will most def blog about them one of these fine days.
Good to hear that things are going well in your personal life, we await more stories!

Princess said...

Good to have you back..your comments on killing Swahili had me laughing my head off.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Enjoy your newly found bliss. Being a christian does not nescesarily make you a nice person. Evidently!

Every country has its evils. Waache kuchochea.

modoathii said...

karibu! kenyans are hated upon everywhere.

Half 'n' half said...

@ Kabinti:
Trust me the school needs branches EVERYWHERE

@ Aco:
church folks are just shite

@princess:
Asante

@Aegeus:
but kenyans seem to be really hated especially in Africa

@ Modo:
Sasa habari ya masiku

Ichiena said...

Welcome back.

@ Killing Swahili; you dont need to go so far. My proud grandma once said "Hicho ni mitoto yaaake" = "Huyu ni mtoto wangu".

kipepeo said...

sounds like you had an interesting time...as for mean christians...have you ever encountered a nun?? hmm...and there I was thinking they were sweet little habit wearing ladies of God...they totally changed that thought in primary school for me...sniff sniff, can he open a branch near me?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about nasty Christians. Interesting post.