Tuesday, December 05, 2006

GOING HOME! Year wrap

Finally the year is coming to an end. It has been one hell of a year. Round up of my year so far?

Met a wonderful, wonderful man! That has to rank above everything else for me this year. After being hurt soo badly (may he rot in hell) , I had given up on love and when I was least expecting it, I find happiness and love. And while still on the topic of being hurt, Karma did pay a visit to the dude. (wonder if it camped there ama it has moved on? )

I joined KBW. Where I met many many wonderful blogger/writers. Who made life more bearable for me, I have laughed, felt sad, received some advice on some tricky situations, learnt something about the money market (trust me the fact that I know those words is an achievementin itself). Adrian was actually the first blogger to ever comment on my blog. The first post I wrote did not have any comments and it made me extremely sad (yeah am not one of those people who claim ati they write for themselves. BULL!) It actually matters to me whether or not people comment on my blog. So Adrian Ahsante, you made my day and made me not give up on blogging. And eventually got addicted to it!

Got promoted! After slogging at the bottom and getting orders from twits who just happened to be of the same tribe as the decision makers, I finally got promoted and now I get to give orders to people who think am the twit who got promoted because I belong to the same tribe as the boss! LOL

I got 2 new nephews this year. Lucky for their mothers am away sooo much therefore I cannot spoil them as much as I would want to. Aren't kids beautiful especially when you can return them to the owner when they poo or start crying?


Kesho I take off from here headed for kenya! to be honest, am not sure I want to come back. I can't take this anymore. Am tired of all the poverty, hunger, fighting and general suffering. I don't want to be one of those people who can not live regular lives. Apparently there are some people who thrive in tough situations, sadly I am not one of those people.

I miss discos, bars, TV- watching (as opposed to listening to) football. I can't stand to see all the pubescent girls being married off to some 60 year old and then inherited by the sons when the mzee dies! But the thing I cant stand the most is the fact that whatever I (we) do is just a drop in the ocean. The hunger and poverty continues. So maybe after I have been in nairobi, around the affluent people, I might get fed up with the wastage of our politicians and come back to a simpler life! Never know. Will keep you posted.

So next time you read anything from me will be from Nairobi.

Enjoy yourselves Y'all and I will pass your greetings to ODM!



18 comments:

egm said...

Sote twende nyumbani tusherehekee kabisa! Quite a round up of an exciting year you have there. Enjoy Nai and hold it down kabla I fika.

Acolyte said...

Great to hear that you had a good year!Good thing you bounced back, some people never do.
Congrats on the promo! There will always be haters around!
Sorry bout the situation in Sudan. It can drain the best of people.Go to nai, have a ball and recharge.
Enjoy your holiday!

Anonymous said...

finally i get to comment on your blog! Enjoy your visit home and salimia ODM.Is it a visit or are you back home for good? hope to read more from you and please keep me company in my blog as you've been doing :) I find it hard to comment on blogspot since i blog in wordpress and i always like have to log on first before leaving a comment

mwariwadavid

Spidey/Tato said...

here's to another year.
LOL yup comments always matter i used to tell people that they feel sweet....

enjoy nai each and every drop!kwanza there mob guys comin down this dec

Princess said...

Have a blast in Nairobi..you deserve it. I am green with envy, but I will be going home in Feb/March. Everyone I talk to is going home within the next two weeks...sigggh!

Kabinti said...

I'm on that bandwagon for leaving in the next 2 weeks and excited I am!! Enjoy your holiday :)

Girl next door said...

Congrats on all your achievements! Funny thing with love coming when you don't expect it. Enjoy your trip home!

bantutu said...

WELCOME!!!!

bankelele said...

congrats on the great year, happy holidays & keep up with the tales from Sudan when you resume

Anonymous said...

Welcome home dearie. Wind down, relax and have fun. But keep blogging anyway. LOL on the quip about comments.

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

I am green with envy. Christmas at home is always the best. Jienjoi.

Chatterly said...

Good to hear that your year has been gr8! Enjoy yourself in Nai. wish i were going home too :-( sob, sobbbb

Half 'n' half said...

Thanks every one for always visiting. I hope I will enjoy kenya! Despite the tear gas crap! Ahsanteni sana.
Will post something once I actually reach Kenya, Sometimes it can take upto 2 days to actually get home
PS ACO: Liking the new Avatar!

bantutu said...

Yani you've not reached!!!

Juju said...

kudos on the great yr!! and for visiting mine too :)

oh, and the book club, that was a great idea! I am yet to send in my reviews, lakini I am on my way!

Ichiena said...

Karibu to the madness. There seems to be a great migration by bloggers home! Tell us when and where we meet you with ululations and Christmas decorations.

PS: Love the bookworm idea too.

stackofstiffys said...

Welcome back to Nairobi. For your information, nothing much has changed and the only new thing is probably ODM. The streets remain shabby and the drainage is still blocked.

I hope you have a blast this Christmas, and I know you are happy that you are that you'll be seeing some loved ones you've missed dearly.

Welcome again!

bantutu said...

Nusu:Ebu chapa sitori sitori....home Edition...Ama u you got Over-jazzd ukasahau Washkaji....hihi...Looks like You pull'd one on the wetha....JUA INANYESHA!!! hehe!!
BONGA!!

herrre me comes, ms. Vard Verification...here me comes...