Saturday, June 09, 2007

Week one: Diary of a former chimney!



Never, ever smoke: your mother was right after all!





Sunday:
smoked the last cigarette! was pretty drunk so really didn't feel anything.... This is too easy. What is the Fuss all about? Finally go to bed at about midnight

Monday 6.30 am
Rise and shine, weekend over. Time to start the week. Due to the over indulgence of the weekend, I did not have time to prepare for the week. So I have to wake up like really really early. I have a funny feeling in my throat! something is missing. Oh well, maybe its just a hangover.

8.00 am: Give away ALL my remaining stock.....
coffee finished...any smoker will tell you that these are the best to smoke:

  • after coffee
  • after food
  • in the morning
  • with a beer!
  • after sex! he he he he
I need a stick like now! but I have to prove to the world that am tough. So curb the urge.

IM my sister and tell her I have stopped smoking: I think she is still in hospital recovering from the shock!

1.00 pm: Lunch! food has no taste, water no taste, I need a sweet!

Day one over! I always said that if I finish day one, then I will be fine: (woooi someone should have warned me!)

Tuesday:
Nothing happening, just fighting the cravings. Food is horrible, I just want something sweet.

Wednesday:
Day starts okay. Me full of determination. Work sax, yada yada yada.

6.00 pm
Visitors in the compound.... 2 crates of beer!

Dear Lord,
Please strike all this people dead
NOW!

should I have a beer or not? Ok maybe one.......two.....three......

9.00 Pm
I will never for as long as I live forget being chased around with a slipper because I was about to break down and smoke! LOOOL

Friday:
Actually feeling good! my room has no cigarette smoke smell, my clothes smell ok. Food is beginning to taste better! this no smoking thing has benefits
More drinks, more craving. Luckily this time no slipper!

12.00 midnite
I once read this thing, ati kissing a smoker is like kissing an ash tray. So I ask the delectable one (D1? yeah he is still around, so I keep getting on and off the BT) if there is a difference between kissing a smoker and a non smoker? attention all smokers: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

Reflection:
I have a new admiration for people who break addictions. I have never had to do anything so hard in my entire life.
So the weekend is here, lets see how many slippers are used this weekend!

Scores:

BAT: nil

Half n Half: 1

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep it up and hang on in there.
I agree with D1 There is a difference and I know it.

Princess said...

Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang on there. You can break free of smoking (even though i have never smoked!)Good luck and update us on your progress.

Archer said...

I know how hard quitting can be! The most difficult battle of my life! Jikaze!

Anonymous said...

Keep this up my dear...

Archer said...

You forgot to mention having a gaf while "kumsalimia Saddam" as one of the most enjoyable. I have an ashtray and a stack of magazines in my loo.

Nakeel said...

Thumbs up and I pray you maintain it kamum.

jke said...

You can do it!

I know the worst moments are those when alcohol is around. Me i have started to appreciate hanging with non-smokers, so there's no temptation any longer (ok ok, it has been reduced to 90%, rest is the unbeatable "i need a sigara, SASA!" feeling i just cant get rid of. *sigh*

Bad thing about Europe (or maybe the advantage): hakuna singoool sticks, cigs are only sold in packs + cost around 4,- EUR.

Money is still the best reason to quit smoking :-)

(am in my second week now, too!)

Medusa said...

I'm surprised I didn't pick up smoking myself..although I think I've made up for it by dating smokers..I should save myself the heartache next time and just lick dirty ashtrays mara moja!
Good on you! Keep at it..

egm said...

Good for you! You'll know you are winning the battle when you wake up from a dream where you are smoking as though waking up from a nightmare. That happened to me when I was quitting drinking coke.

Quintessence said...

Way to go...for some reason I've this urge to start smoking but you give me courage to break the urge!

Three types of Crazy said...

good on you. All the best.

Anonymous said...

Manzee I am proud of you.

Quitting is one step....willpower the next. Keep going and your lungs will thank you for it.

Chatterly said...

stay strong, you are doing goood!

bantutu said...

And we wait for wait for week 2....Aki hihihihihhi!!!! Am the blogger with the Slipper...someone has to do it....heheheheh!!! Yeah food does taste different no? Hihihihihi!!

Anonymous said...

All the best with your struggle. I see you are winning the battle, make week II BAT nil and HnH 2! :-)

Half 'n' half said...

@ kirima: LOL ulijuaje?
@Mwari, Princess: still hanging!
@Archer:
Oh yes, I forgot that, lakini life is much better bila cigaras!

@farmgal/ nakeel: shall try

@JKE: We must exchange notes! drinking without cigars is the hardest! Good luck too. keep it up

@ Medusa: LOOOOL! stop licking smokers, according to D1 the difference is very big

@EGM: ati coke? you were addicted to coke that badly? SMH

@Quinty: Oh no dont start! it will control your life (and your finances)

@ 3TC: Ahsante

@Mocha: ahsante: I think even my pocket will be happy

@chatterly: Ahsante

@Bants: Ulikua ocha tena? aki its hard! but tunaendelea tu

@aegeus:
So far at least am winning. Thank you

egm said...

Yes, I was.

Anonymous said...

BAT 0, HNH 1 with a crowd of supporters on your side.

have a smoke free week two.

Girl in the Meadow said...

All the best with that.

phassie said...

congrats for that long week. How did the weekend go?

It is never easy to change a habit, but it starts with a mind change. one step at a time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Keep the fire not burning!

Unyc said...

All the best! SO far so good...keep it up gal!!

Half 'n' half said...

@ egm: still *smh* coke? how now?

@modo:
ahsante! I love the cheering squad thing, gives me more motivation

@ Shiro
na umekuwa wapi?
Thank you

@Phassie
Thank you

@ Jamvi
ehhhmmmm! yeah

@unyc
Thank you

gishungwa said...

Am so proud of you. Keep it up.

GuestBlogger said...

i have a pretty good feelin u will be smokin soon

but until then...beat it beat it its a filthy habit

Half 'n' half said...

wewe guest blogger!
SUD UFF! get off my space! sheesh!

Klara said...

Good Luck dear..

Girl next door said...

Congrats on the decision to quit. I'm not a smoker so I can't identify but I hear it's really addictive. And the kissing thing is true. Hang in there!